If you need a visa to the UAE, please check with your airlines company, as many of them provide online visa services. E.g.:
ttsuaevisas. com/ en/ global/ applying-for-visa-online
emirates. com/ uk/ english/ plan_ book/ essential_ information/ visa_ passport_ information/ prearranged_ uae_ visas. aspx
Another option is to purchase this service from the Nirvana travel agency, which has an office on NYUAD campus. Nirvana travel agency can apply on your behalf to obtain a tourist visa as follows:
The UAE Tourist visa is a Single Entry visa which is valid for 30 days stay and the cost is AED500.00 per person (non-refundable and non-transferable). The visa process takes 3-5 working days and can be applied within 14 days prior to the date of arrival in UAE. Required documents:
- Color Photo with white background.
- Clear Color copy of passport containing details of the traveler (Passport no, Date of issue and expiry of passport, Date of Birth, etc).
- Personal Information Data; the corresponding travel agent will ask you to fill out a form.
Travel & transportation
The closest airport to the NYUAD Campus is the Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH) with a distance of 36 km. Dubai Airport (DXB) is 145 km away from the NYUAD Campus. Taxis are the most convenient means of transportation from/to the airport. There is also public bus transportation.
Abu Dhabi Airport
- Meter Starting Fare (Flag Fall): AED 25.00
- Every 1 km up to 50 km (6am-10pm): AED 1.60
- Every 1 km up to 50 kms (10pm – 6am): AED 1.69
- Every 1 km over 50 kms: AED 0.09 extra
- Every 1 minute of waiting time (first 5 minutes free): AED 0.50
AUH Public Transit
Timings: Every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day.
Cost: One-way fare is AED 4.
Emirates Complimentary Shuttle (from DXB to Abu Dhabi)
Cost: free of charge for Emirates Airlines customers.
Buses (usually 2 buses to get to Abu Dhabi)
There are multiple bus lines:
- http://dubai-buses.com/pdf/bus%20routes_english_15Apr2016.pdf (orange route)
- http://www.rta.ae/dubai_metro/ to Ibn Battuta Station
Cost: between AED 30 and AED 50
Timings: Trains run roughly every 10 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3. Services start 5.50am (5.30am on Thursday), and stop at midnight (1am on Thursday/Friday). Please note there is no service on Friday mornings and only starts at 1pm.
The event will be held on campus and the university faculty housing will be utilized for the attendees. Final accommodation will be announced and all participants will be contacted by Nirvana and NYU staff. Some possible hotels in Abu Dhabi are:
- Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 12 km
- Beach Rotana (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 12 km
- Southern Sun (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 12 km
- Ramada (Mina Road, Tourist Club Area) 10 km
- Rosewood (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 12 km
- Sofitel (Capital Plaza Complex, Corniche) 13 km
- St. Regis (Saadiyat Island Resort, Saadiyat Island) 3 km
- Four Seasons Hotel (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 13 km
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi (Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi) 13 km